I honestly didn't set out to be a manager, it just took over and I wonder if it has taken over for you too. If so, I have put some thoughts together on enjoying life and parenting. I am confident you could add something here and feel free to do so in the comment section.
Accomplishments aren't bad but they are better when paired with relationships.
5. I need to make more time to enjoy my spouse.
- Growing up Catholic taught me to manage my spiritual life through rituals. The Baptist church has taught me to manage my spiritual life through church disciplines like prayer and reading my Bible. How to enjoy God is something that I have learned on my own and am continuing to learn.
- The Westminster Shorter Catechism says, "The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever." If I am a believer in Christ, my eternity starts the moment I accept Him so enjoying Him is not meant just for heaven but that forever begins now. I don't have to wait for heaven to enjoy God.
- I found this quote in a puritan sermon, "It is a great matter to enjoy God's ordinances, but to enjoy God's presence in the ordinances is that which a gracious heart aspires after."
- If you are having a hard time getting the notion of enjoying God, you are not alone. I asked some friends how they enjoy God and here is what some of them said. (This may help you realize that you are better at enjoying God than you thought or it may prompt so opportunities for you to pursue that enjoyment more intentionally) :
- Reflecting on His faithfulness in the past
- When I am alone with Him in nature and we are talking.
- I really like being able to ask Him for wisdom. Whether I am preparing to teach something, write an important note, on and on. And He puts thoughts in my mind that make what I'm doing so much better.
- I communicate with him all the time sometimes in my heart sometimes out loud, and he talked back at me his own way, it can be by a friend, a family member or a stanger, I just love when he does that...
- Laughter. Each day I look around for funny things, like God and I are on a scavenger hunt. Best part of my day!
- I enjoy God every single time I help deliver a baby.. It's almost like looking into His eyes, just to see those precious faces and know that God is love, and that He still performs miracles!