Sunday, February 3, 2013

It May Seem Backwards To Most...

...but I am learning to be thankful for hard times.  Let me explain.

Life for the last year has been pretty comfortable.  We have definitely had some heartache with the loss of a precious family member and watching Jack struggle, but for the most part it has been pretty comfortable.   About a week ago, we agreed to take in 2 small children for a family member who was needing some help.  As the situation fluctuated daily I was terrified, excited, sad, hopeful, and a myriad of other emotions.  The big part though was that I prayed like I haven't prayed in a year and worshiped throughout my day as I sought God's will instead of my next obligation.

In the end, the mother chose a different route for herself and her children and we are back to our comfortable position in life.  As I look back on last week and ask "why?" I can trust that even though I don't have the answers, I did see God in the process and was reminded of His sovereignty in my life.   I was also reminded that we sometimes have a backward notion that our goal in life is to be comfortable.   You see, I have been pretty comfortable and I can say the possibility of those 2 precious children rocking my comfort brought me closer to my real purpose of knowing and following God than my comfort ever did.

Are you in a situation where God is rocking your comfort?  This song was my proclamation of truth this week.   I hope it helps.


No comments: