If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Little Medical Update

ON RUTHIE:
There is still a little uncertainty on exactly what the cause or diagnosis for Ruthie is. One of her Drs. thinks she has Arthrogryposis but her therapists think it is a brachial plexus injury from birth. The confusion is that she doesn't present just like a child with Arthrogryposis because she has more passive range than active range of motion. However, most kids with brachial plexus injuries are not identical on both sides.

We have an appointment at Scottish Rite in Dallas on 9/22 where they will hopefully run more tests to let me know what her muscle, bone, and nerve situations are exactly. I am really hoping for a good 2-5 year plan for her too so we know where we are headed. I have heard that this is the best place to go in Texas for her condition so I am hopeful.

ON JACK:
We have been a little more concerned about Jack lately because he is having more difficulty with walking and hitting his heels first. If I tell him "heel toe", he will correct himself but then later goes back to toe walking. I am not sure what the next step is for him. We have been doing a lot of stretching but I am not sure that is enough. The good news is that his limitations really don't affect him emotionally. I always tell him that we all have something wrong with us and that God cares more about our hearts. He asked me yesterday what is wrong with his daddy. So I told him well, daddy is losing his hair. Sam yelled out from the back seat- "I know he has that big hole on top". Jack seemed satisfied with that and we all laughed. Pray that God would grant us wisdom and healing as we live this out with him.


We went back to the beach yesterday and had tons of fun.





1 comment:

TanyaLea said...

Precious children! Praying that you get all of the medical answers you need for both children, and that the treatment plan is easy to follow.

I love reading your weekly quotes atop your blog...they always crack me up! Keep 'em coming!! :)

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts