If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Black and White Wednesday

Another blogger friend started participating in B&W Wednesday last week and I decided that is something that I can do. You see, a lot of people do Wordless Wednesday, but there is just nothing wordless about me. Others do Tasty Tuesday but that is not me either. I can't tell an herb from a piece of grass and if it doesn't start in a box, it probably doesn't come out of my kitchen. Sorry.

But Black & White Wednesday I can do!! I will try and throw in a few editing tips too.

As you can see there is so much to B&W. I used 2 different filters in converting these images and did a little something extra with each using Photoshop Elements.

In Ruthie's picture, I also used an artistic effect called Paint Daubs to change the picture and then used an infrared filter to convert it to b&w

















This super cool pic of Sam was taken by my friend Kimberly Sink. Originally Kimberly's shadow was in the bottom right of the garage door, but I was able to remove that with the dodge tool. I also used the burn tool to darken Sam's shadow and then I converted this picture using a cold tone.


















Here are the originals of those 2 pictures so you can see the difference. I have never been to a photography class and I am so not a professional, but as you can see, anyone can play around and do cool things with this program.


3 comments:

Naomi said...

You are getting so clever!! I really need to know how to do all that!! Perhaps when we come and see you one day, you can give me a few lessons!!!

Melissa said...

That's awesome...I wish we had a photo program. The picture of Sam and his shadow is pretty cool!

kimberlysink said...

the picture was from my cheap, old cell phone. i had to click it before he even shot because of the delay! pretty cool how you got my shadow out...wow. oh, and he's got great form! :O)

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts