If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Ruthie's New Bed

For Ruthie's 5th birthday, I wanted to get her a new bed and move her out of the toddler bed she has been sleeping in since she came home.   I decided it would be really neat if we could buy her a playhouse bed.  Well Trent got to looking on line and decided that the prices were as neat as the idea and then he decided that he could build one himself.


It didn't hurt when I showed him a website where a woman (ana-white.com) had built a playhouse bed by herself.


Trent worked hard for over a month and turned our garage into a carpenter's workshop.  The boys even helped him with measuring and using the nail gun and my job was painting.


The original bed did not have a slide with it, but Trent made the mistake of mentioning a slide to Ruthie and there was no turning back.


We finished just in time for her birthday and I think it turned out perfect.


Trent may even have a new hobby.  When he finished the bed, he made 3 step stools for the kids and 2 benches for me.



Ruthie also loves her new reading corner.


Gotta go play now!

8 comments:

Kristen Chase said...

Super impressive and adorable! :)

Hunan Mommy said...

Wow, what a cool idea!

Lori said...

Wow, it's beautiful! What a blessed little girl!

Dawn S. said...

Just GORGEOUS! Lucky little girl!

Mary Lou Court said...

Love it! What talent! When did he ever find the time? Know Ruthie is excited!

Rachel said...

WoW! My husband said that Trent is making him look bad. Sophie was in awe of this when I showed her and she said ruthie was so lucky to have a fairy tail bed. Sweet. I want that bed----really though, gorgeous...love the reading corner as well. Well done!

Naomi said...

What!!!! He made that? Move over Pottery Barn and all you other rip off places! when a Dad sets his mind to make something for his little Princess, there is no stopping him! I am going to show this to Jeff and give him a little nudge ;)

I think Trent has found his tent making business!

Margaret said...

Wow!! I love this, Ginny & Trent. It does look a little hard to make up the bed but it is so functional and cute.

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts