If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Been Tryin' Some New Things

I don't like to get stuck.  The fear of stopping to grow in any area of my life haunts me.  I think it is easy to plateau in photography and it is important to take steps to prevent that.  I told my neighbor the other day that the more I learn about photography, the more I realize I don't know and that is what I love about it.  

This week I wrapped up Lisa Furey's Get out of Your Comfort Zone class where I have been pushed to try some new things with my photography and now I am starting to read Photographically Speaking which was recommended by Stefanie over at Ni Hao Y'all.

Here are a few outside of the box images I have taken lately.

I set up my tripod and set the timer for a few self-portraits with the kids...


played with silhouettes...





and have tried to look at things from a different perspective...



I am also playing with the HDR function on my camera.  It is where you take several pictures at different exposures and then combine them to get the just right exposure all over.  Here is my first attempt...



My camera combined them to give me this.


Pretty cool huh?


1 comment:

Holly S. said...

Love it all! Especially the pics with you!

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts