If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Stories From Bolivia

We are here! I need to make a quick photographer confession before I get started.  I have not edited these pictures, so please forgive me.  I wanted to get them up for you to see before I crash for the evening.  The picture below is one of the many little faces of Bolivia.  I want you to hear what God is doing here (edited pics or not). :)


On the first day, we toured the baby home and the boys home and then spent some time with the kids.  I was quickly impressed with the organization and how it is run. We also saw a little of the city and talked mission strategy.  We were exhausted to honestly it is a little foggy. 

Day two is where the good stuff really happened.  If you saw the post before this one, you are aware of the machine we were able to bring for a little one with Cystic Fibrosis.  This is that precious child.  I was able to instruct his nannies in how to use the machine and also how to manually clear his lungs through percussion.  They were eager to learn and clearly have a special place in their hearts for this little blessing. 


Another cool moment was when we gave the children their new shoes.  Last week, I asked for last minute shoe donations from my friends on Facebook.  They answered that request with a suitcase full of shoes and clothes.  These little guys were ecstatic, to say the least, about their new kicks.  One of them ran over and hugged the director and told him thank you.  It was a sweet moment for everyone in the room. 

I had no idea how great the need was for new shoes until we started trading them out.  Some had their toes hanging off the ends while others went up 3 shoes sizes from the pair they were currently wearing.  The shoes were a hit, so please hear me say thank you for your generosity. 


The last thing we did at the baby house today was to help feed the little ones.  These kiddos are passionate about meal time.  It was cute to watch and get to participate in. 


We had a great little tourist moment this afternoon when we drove up the mountain to Cristo.  Apparently the Bolivian Jesus is actually bigger than the Brazilian one.  It was awesome to see it and see the city from that perspective.   

 

 Tomorrow we will train some more nannies, take some of the older orphans shopping, and wrap up our talks about future trips.  So far it looks like we could possibly use people with passions for preschool ministry, painting, photography, soccer, nursing, children's hair cutting (outreach project), CPR training, speaking spanish, and construction.  Could that be you?






No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts