If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Manna Moments Post #2

Our church continues to see God move in miraculous and encouraging ways as we recover from Hurricane Harvey.  We are calling those "Manna Moments" and I am sharing them here. 

I have 3 Manna Moments to tell you about from the last 2 days:

1. SILVERWARE MANNA

The first was with our kitchen.  I asked our kitchen lead, Miriam, to tell about it in her own words and this is what she wrote:

Oh my goodness!!! It was about way more than just silverware and it really was just the icing on the cake!!!


These people drive up- someone came and got us.  Each evening I would make a list of how we could improve what was being done by us along with things we needed.  Each day we tried to write a list of our needs and post on our "work board" that way when someone called or walked in we had it ready... My prayer that morning was to provide Gatorade (our field peeps were requesting), water (we WERE) running low and silverware (we only had limited amount remaining). That truck (with just people from Pearland as they said)  had water, Gatorade, much more and these two humongous boxes of silverware... tears just rolled down bc I have never witnessed so many miracles and they had just been coming in day after day as we prayed, God provided and then that happened!


2. A PIANO

This morning one of our families that we served posted this amazing video of their daughter playing a piano while the flood waters were rising around her.  As I shared it, I initially wrote "I would love to find someone to replace that piano".  I then felt prompted to remove that and pray instead.  So I did and I prayed specifically for someone to give them a piano without me having to ask.  A few hours later I received a Facebook message from a friend stating that she wanted to donate her piano to the family in my post.   It brought me great joy to share that story with both the family and the individual donating that God was answering prayers for them and through them. 


3. A LESSON FROM LONG AGO



Yesterday I woke up to the most unexpected Facebook message. It was this picture from my 1st grade teacher's son who I have never met.  I remember this day clearly.  The local newspaper came and ran a story on my teacher's classroom economy system.  What surprised me most was what her son wrote.  He said, "You were the first student to put that idea in motion! Because of you and Mom, they are doing it Nation Wide!!"

Okay so I have no memory if being an entrepreneur at 6 years old so I have to think one of two things is true- either my mom helped put that in motion with my teacher OR my behaviors was so bad that it prompted such ingenuity. :) Regardless, if what he says is true, the classroom economy system that my children participate in today was kicked off by my 1st grade teacher in like 1982.

I walked away from that post encouraged that we have no idea how the steps that we put into action today will impact generations to come. When we volunteer in a home, we are making a generational impact. When we give someone supplies in the name of Jesus, we are making a generational impact. When we serve a meal to a volunteer, we are making a generational impact. Mrs. Book, my first grade teacher, will never know that her efforts impacted the children of her students and I believe that the fruit of our efforts today will extend far beyond what we will ever see too.




No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts