If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

How to Pray

Thank you so much for all of your comments to Ruthie. I am going to take them with her adoption confirmation papers and make a "pregnancy book" for her. I know your words of welcome will mean the world to her.

Many of you have mentioned that you are praying for Ruthie, so I thought it might help to let you know how we are praying for her.

1. For Health.
  • We are asking God to heal her wrists which are currently turned inward (club hands),
  • To help her catch up on her developmental milestones (she is behind but that is expected with her wrists and being in an orphanage)
  • That there would not be any other health issues- her cognitive, speech, and emotional health would all be excellent
  • That she would get the nutrition and attention she needs to thrive

2. For Travel

  • That our paperwork would be processed quickly
  • Trent is praying that we can travel to pick her up in April. This would defy all odds, but I am learning not to second guess his prayers. I am just hoping to be back from China before we travel to family camp in June. I think family camp would be a great place for us to connect as a family

Thank you for praying with us.

Ginny

No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts