If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

We've Come a Long Way Baby


I can't believe it but yesterday was our 4 month anniversary for getting Ruthie. She has changed a lot over the last 4 months. For example, she is a lot more active, can speak English in 3 word sentences, and is using her hands more and more each day. She is also discovering her independence and how to express herself in a variety of ways.

One of the changes that has been most evident has been her response to animals. When we brought Ruthie home, we discovered that she was terrified of all animals- stuffed or real. She didn't sorta fuss when the came around, but instead screamed like they were going to attack her. About 2 months ago, we found a little lamb at Build a Bear that she liked and that was the first step to her acceptance of anything with fur. Well, last week she took to a stuffed animal back pack of Sam's and wore it around all day Thursday and Friday with a bear in the back. I think my formerly frightened little girl has discovered that stuffed animals are not only ok, but actually fun.

Too bad she doesn't feel that way about our dog yet.


Today's Side Note: my sweet girl blessing her food

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Oh my goodness Ginny, how adorable to see Ruthie praying!! That is one to be framed!!

Carolyn said...

Ditto! What a precious photo! How much longer will she wear the cast? When will she have surgery on her other arm?

Cheri said...

Such a sweet picture of Ruthie! I too would frame it!

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts