If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Monday, November 15, 2010

A Message from the Slacker

I have been a horrible blogger lately and I am so sorry.  Trent was in England for a week and I had my hands full with younger 3 Hendersons.  Also, this new photography business is taking up a lot of time.  I absolutely love doing it and believe God has blesssed me with this opportunity but something has to give.

Okay so enough whining.  Here is an update on the surgicals (I thought that sounded cooler than "those who had surgery recently)

Jack-  Jack is back at school full time except for the 3 days a week that I take him out early for PT.  Several people have said that they can really see a difference in his walking. PRAISE GOD!  I have been nervous to say that because I am just a little more cautious with that.  What Trent and I definitely feel like we have seen is that his knees are straighter when he walks, his step length is longer, and he is doing a better job of walking heel to toe.  I am hopeful for more improvement over the next few weeks.

Ruthie- Well Sam sprayed her with a water hose which got her dressing wet so we have been on infection watch for a week.  I am glad to say that we are now pretty much out of the infection window and doing well.  This operation has been much more painful than the first one.  Her Dr. believes this is because she is older and able to express herself better.  I absolutely agree with the "express herself better" part. :)

Thanks for still checking in.  I am going to figure out how to manage my time better so I can be a better blogger. :)

No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts