I have a few thoughts and moments to share on the last several hours in the states:
1. Putting mayonnaise in your hair has got to be up there on the top 10 nastiest experiences. I don't think I will every be able to eat mayo on a sandwich again and I can only imagine how bad this stuff is going to smell in a few hours. If this does create a taste aversion for mayo, I may have to try it next week for some of my other weaknesses like chocolate and ice cream. hmm. Right now I just want it to kill anything that might be crawling around up there.
2. I told Trent I needed him to pick up some lice spray. He asked why and I said so I could spray down his backpack that I borrowed. He bought not 1 but 2 cans. Love that man.
3. Nothing says welcome back to the states like your middle child greeting you after being gone for a week with, "Hi mom. I missed you and I decided that I don't want a DS anymore, I want an ipod instead".
4. When God created warm baths, He was thinking of me.
5. Sometime this week I want my husband to take me out for a steak and baked potato.
6. As I look over the pictures from the trip, I already have regrets.
- I wish I had looked the girls in the eyes more and told them how beautiful I think they are.
- I wish I had prayed more and encouraged the team to pray more.
- I wish I had helped tuck the girls in bed. The translator would say, "I will take them to bed now" and I was just so glad for some rest that I didn't ponder what I might be missing in those minutes. I am pondering it now.
- I wish I had bought them more clothes.
- I wish I would have found a place to print pictures for them and then given more to them. I think I may do that here and send them to Yuan Yuan at least.
- I wish I had told the staff more what a great job they were doing.