If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Monday, February 13, 2012

My Star Student

Sam was chosen to be the Star Student in his class last week.  This might sound like a normal routine Kindergarten experience for most of us, but for this kid, this was the event of the year.  He has been dying to be the Star Student.  Every Monday he would come home and tell me who his teacher picked that week and how sad he was that it wasn't him.


Then on Monday he climbed into the car with a "guess what mom!"  Our conversation went something like this.
Me- So how is being the Star Student?
Sam- I think everyone in my class was pleased with how I did.
Me- What was your favorite part?
Sam- Being line leader was fun but it was hard knowing when she wanted me to stop.
 

Sam's teacher told me the next day that when she announced him being Star Student that he stood up and said, "I am really excited but I can't help but think of my classmates who still haven't gotten a chance to be the Star Student."

And to finish up his exciting week, he got to bring home the class alligator for the weekend.  Oh how I love that little guy and how he takes in every ounce of every experience. 

3 comments:

Brooke said...

That is precious!! I hope my students love school as much as your little guy seems to! :)

Holly S. said...

Good job, Sam! I love your attitude!

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

That is so sweet! I love how considerate and aware he is of others.

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts