If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Dear Maggie- You

Dear Maggie-

*You are here! I know that has been true for 2 1/2 weeks now, but I still have to stop for a moment every day and remind myself that it is really true.  I can't believe you are actually here.

*You have the greatest smile ever and you know just when to use it.  I will tell you "no" for something and you will lower your head in sadness then look right up at me with the cutest smile and dimples anyone has ever seen.  I then forget completely what I was getting onto you for.

*You already know more english words in 2 weeks than I know Chinese words after the 7-8 weeks I have spent there.  Your first word was "more".

*You learned to take multiple steps midweek and now you are walking on any flat surface with confidence.  You freeze and put your arms up to be picked up if you approach an incline though.

*You love to mimic.  It is the cutest thing.  You mimic us washing our faces, talking on the phone, talking, singing, and more.

*I discovered today that you have a crooked pinky toe and I love it.

*You are the velcro baby.  You want to be held any time you can see me.  When your brothers and sister come home, you get all distracted by them and that is when I get things done.

*You love your bath time with your sister and she loves it just as much.

I love you sweet girl so very much.

1 comment:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts