If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Our Bluebonnet Adventure


I don't usually shoot pictures in the bluebonnets.  I have never offered sessions there nor cared to.  I am not a bad Texan, I promise.  I even love the color blue.  I just have some internal conflict with doing what everyone else is doing.  I know, I need counseling.

Anyway, I decided to take Maggie for pictures in the bluebonnets and I actually got a little excited about it.  A photographer friend found a cute little patch with a red barn in the background.  I decided to go a little non-traditional (fighting my fear of conformity) and took a bandana teepee a friend made in order to play off the barn.

So I got the girls ready and we headed out.  Luckily I realized that I forgot my camera while I was still in the neighborhood, but that should have been my first sign that it might not go as planned.

About 5 minutes down the road, this happens.


I texted the pic to Trent and he replied, "Wake her up now or she will be mad when she wakes up."  I decided he was wrong and she needed her sleep.  He also suggested that I take snacks but I decided that too was ridiculous since I fed her before we left and we were getting dinner afterwards.

You see where this is going.


Yep she woke up mad as hell.  So there I was trying to set things up with a crying baby on my hip and no snacks to distract her from her present anger.   So I shot these instead with Maggie screaming on my hip.


We tried again.


Not what I had planned but still pretty hilarious.


I couldn't arrange the teepee the way I wanted and now looking at it, I am not sure it was that great of an idea.  I believe Ruthie agreed based on her expression here.



I finally handed her a flower clip and she calmed down.  Not happy, but calm.  We ditched the mismatched teepee and things started to improve.


This one may be my favorite.


Yes Maggie I see your clip.  Remember, I handed it to you when you were throwing your fit?


This child has more expressions than anyone I have ever met.


I mean seriously, how can that be the same kid?


It is, she's mine, and I am crazy about her.  I am still not crazy about bluebonnets, but I sure like what I see sitting in them.



4 comments:

likeschocolate said...

They are beautiful! I am jealous -crying baby and all! I am waiting for warm weather to do Avery's photo shoot!

Amy said...

Those dimples are so cute!

Bill and Toni said...

B L E S S E D ! ! !

How AWESOME is our God!!??!!

Naomi said...

Oh Ginny she is so beautiful and thank you for keeping it real!!! The Bluebonnets are just gorgeous.

I am so excited that God you led you to Maggie!!

love Naomi

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts