If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Slowing Down

The strangest thing happened over the last 7 1/2 weeks.  My crazy busy life came to a screeching halt.  All of those places I had to be and things I had to do were immediately put on hold so I could focus on what was most important.  And you know what happened?  Yep, the world went on.   My perception of what was important and the reality of what really needed my time were not in sync prior to June 29th.

Life is starting to pick back up again.  Ruthie started soccer last week, school starts next week, Maggie comes home on the 28th, and the cycle will resume.  Oh how I want to do it better.  I so don't want to get sucked back into the hurried life that inevitably works to choke out the purposeful life.  We may have to institute some changes around here.

So an update...

Maggie had another MRI today.  Her frontal lobe continues to improve at a steady rate.  Her thalamus, however, is improving more slowly.  The plan is to send us home in a week on continued IV antibiotics.  Maggie will have 8 hours of in home therapy per week as well.  Because of her pic line and because her WBC is low, we will be limited to where we can take her and what we can do.  It will be great to have her home though and I am setting my focus there.

On another note, we had an incredibly special visit today from another member of the family. Our good friends who are adopting our former foster child were in Houston and came by the hospital.  It was great to see him again and hug his neck.  He is doing very well with his parents and you can see God's hand all over that family.   We figured out that he has grown three clothing sizes in one year.  It's amazing what a little love can do.  We are thankful that God allowed us to be a part of his story.  What a blessing!



No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts