Here are a few observations from this experience:
1. We are never moving. Once again my neighbors ran to our rescue, locked up our house, fed our other 3 and even sat at our home until we returned at 3:30 am. It takes a village and we have found ours. They are stuck with us.
2. I am ready for October to end. Crazy stuff always happens to us in October. When we lived in Waco, we were told that the occult in Waco prayed against (or whatever they do) the pastors in the area during October and sure enough we sensed it. Could someone please tell them (the Waco occult people whoever they are) that we moved and they can retire our doll and leave us alone?
3. I am thankful for the insurance out-of-pocket max. Really, really thankful. So thankful that I may vote Democrat if the Republicans threatened to take it away. :)
4. Jack is a great brother. He didn't mean to drop her and felt awful about it. He has been taking great care of her this morning and I believe she has discovered that she has a slave for as long as she can work the victim angle. In the car she would yell "Jack! More ice cream!". Right now he is singing Frozen tunes with her in her room. She is smarter than we realized.
5. Whenever God clears my schedule I need to pack a bag. I remember once a few years ago that my schedule cleared for no apparent reason and then my grandmother died. I have seen that trend since then in less serious situations and then again this weekend. All of my photography clients had to reschedule from this weekend for one reason or another. Instead of filling the spots, I decided to take a quiet weekend with the family. Ha! God had other plans and I should have guessed it was coming.
6. I need the church roster so I can send out disclaimer emails. I feel like I miss more church than I am able to attend these days. A few weeks ago someone was sick. Last week I worked the nursery and this week I will be home with Maggie and the unstable arm. As the pastors wife, I fear the assumptions probably more than I should. So, I won't be in the church service once again. It is kinda hard to take turns staying home when your husband is the pastor. Don't worry. Trent and I are okay and I still love Jesus. :) I will be back. Someday.
Maggie is going to be fine. There is a decent chance that she will have some kind of procedure next week to fix her elbow. It is her left arm which stinks because it is a big fat interruption to therapy. You can pray she heals quickly. This did not take God by surprise and probably shouldn't have taken us by surprise either. After all, God cleared my schedule AND it's October!