If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Bolivia Day 1- Incredible!

I am sitting in my hotel room and trying to reflect on a full but incredible day.   Here are my observations from day 1.

1. Fundación Esperanza is an incredible ministry and God is blessing them with the opportunity to serve more and more children.  When I visited this ministry in November, they had 2 homes.  Since then, they have grown to 5 homes and could use a 6th if the funding were available.  The directors of the ministry pour their lives into these children and do it with excellence.  If you want to learn more about their ministry, you need to visit http://www.lifesongfororphans.org/countries/bolivia.

This is the director of the ministry affirming one of the children while others raise their hands for the opportunity to affirm the child also.  Their lesson today was that God is good and everything he created is good so what does that say about you?  We practiced seeing the good in each other and ourselves.

2. I have an awesome team.  Our men finished their project today so they are going to add onto it tomorrow because they worked that hard.  My friend Gwen had a little bit different day than she expected but she jumped right into her new role without a single complaint or sign of disappointment.   When the rest of us were exhausted and ready to call it a day, Shelly found the energy to go outside and swing boys around.  My team worked hard today folks and spent every minute with a smile on their face.  I would take this crew anywhere.



3. We have a full day tomorrow and could use your prayers.  Tomorrow we will spend the morning in the baby house wrapping up some pages for their life books and kissing some chubby cheeks one last time.  Gwen will have a critical meeting with the psychologists and could use prayers for what material would be best to share.  We will spend the afternoon in the newest home ministering to the kids there with the same material we used in the boys home today.  Pray that God shows up and that the kids are impacted for eternity.


No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts