Monday, June 22, 2015
Headed to Bolivia
I am headed, with a team of 5 others, to Bolivia tomorrow. We will be working with our church partners who operate 3 orphanages there. It is an amazing ministry run by an incredible family and we are excited to be visiting them again. We would love for you to pray for our team while we are gone.
So here's the deal, you probably only have 3 minutes max to pray for us and I totally get that as a mother of 4 kids myself. I appreciate anything you got. So do me a favor and skip the prayers for logistics. We can wear the same clothes for a week or eat food that doesn't taste good. If we miss a flight, it was God's will and I am okay with that. Here is how I need you to spend your 3 minutes:
1. Pray that the psychologists in the home respond well to Gwen's mentoring. Pray that they catch the vision for the Life Books we are bringing over and that they are excited about pouring into the identity of these kids.
2. Pray for the construction team that they have everything they need and can get to work quickly. Pray they complete their task in record time and are available to do more than they even planned for. You can also throw in safety for them. I don't consider avoiding a rusty nail in your hand to be a matter of comfort. No health issues please!
3. Pray for Shelly and me as we try to teach these kids about God's love for them. Pray they grasp that concept that God's creation is good and purposeful and that carries over to them. Pray they make the leap from hearing about a historical Jesus to desiring an eternal relationship with a relational Jesus. Pray the time of affirmation reaches to their hearts and leaves a lasting impression. Pray for quality conversations with the older kids.
4. Pray for God's blessing on the pilot program of teaching kids the Gospel through photography. Pray that the kids will connect with the lesson and that it will go smoothly.
5. Pray that we will be intentional and ready for whatever God sends our way.
Okay and if you need to pray for one logistic - we need all of the Life Books to arrive intact.