If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Her Father


Theologians (the smart people) say that your relationship with your earthly father sets the tone for how you relate to your God as Father.  For example, if your earthly father is authoritarian, you will see God as domineering.  If your earthly father is relationally distant, you will see God as unapproachable and if your earthly father is the greatest thing since sliced bread then your understanding of God as Father will be pretty awesome too.  Enter, Maggie and her daddy.

How Maggie Will See God as Father if the Smart Guys are Right

1. She will know that following closely behind him will always lead to an adventure and 
walking right beside him will bring her the best companion for the journey.

2. She will find security in his arms and comfort on his chest.

3. She will believe, without question, that she is deeply loved.

4. She will know a father who delights in her and loves to be in her presence.

5. She will trust his words and live her life from his example.

6. And no matter how old she grows, what choices she makes, or where her life takes her, 
she will know that his love for her will never change.




 If the smart guys are right, I don’t worry about my children’s perception of God as Father because God has given them an amazing example.



Happy Father's Day Trent.  We love and appreciate you.


No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts