If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Keeping it Interesting

We could use your prayers for health and safety. OK and go ahead and throw in sanity. As a matter of fact, make sanity at the top of the list. :)

Ruthie was supposed to have surgery in January, but Scottish Rite called Thursday night and said that they were having difficulty with their patients being healthy for 2 weeks and thus they have an opening for this Wednesday if we want it. WHAT? IN 6 DAYS?

The crazier thing is that it really does seem like God has been paving the way for this to be possible. I have had to work a lot more than usual the last 2 weeks to cover for sick coworkers and that has provided us the extra income that will make taking off next week not too difficult. In addition to that, we were just saying that we don't have anything major going on between now and mid December (when she would get her cast off).

There is one hiccup though. Trent has scheduled a trip to England and will be leaving the Saturday after Ruthie has surgery on Wednesday. This is going to make that next week REALLY HARD. To be honest, I would love for him to cancel it, but I know he would be miserable wishing he was there in England, and I am just one of those personalities that can't stand to be at fault. It was going to cost $250 to change the plane ticket to someone else so I figured I would rather be frustrated with him that week than have him frustrated with me and it cost me $250. I told him that I am going to take the $250 and go away for a weekend when he gets back. :)

Pray for Ruthie. She will be in a full arm cast that will have to be elevated for a little while. They are repositioning her wrist, moving some flexor tendons around to be extensor tendons, and shaving down some bone. It sounds pretty involved to me.


Here are some pictures of my little Cub Scout. He was just so darn cute in his uniform.


3 comments:

Natalie said...

I'll be praying, Ginny. Please keep us posted.

Lori said...

Pryaing

TanyaLea said...

DEFINITELY praying for Ruthie and all of you, as well! Isn't it neat how God just works things out!?! <><

Love your little CubScout, too... he looks adorable in his full uniform!! :)

Blessings,
~ Tanya

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts