If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Trent Meets Lydia

Trent just spent as week in England and now he is back to this crazy life of ours. While he was there, he got to do several very important things, I'm sure. But the one thing that I was most interested in was his Thursday meeting with the Cuozzos and of course miss Lydia Hope.

One of the absolute coolest parts of this adoption experience has been the relationships we have formed along the way. When we prayed and entered the process of adopting Ruthie, I had no idea that we would form such bonds with others walking the same road. The Cuozzos are a ministry family living in England who were matched with Lydia Hope within days of our match with Ruthie. Naomi and I walked through the PA, RA, and TA waits together as we prayed for each other's daughters, wept over delays, and celebrated gotcha days.

So when Trent was given the opportunity to take a ministry trip to England, it was a must that he connect with this wonderful family we have shared so much life with over the last year. To say that I am jealous is a clear understatement, but I am so glad that Trent was able to see them and that they were able to make the drive to meet him.

Naomi posted pictures and wrote about it on her blog Lydia Hope.

1 comment:

TanyaLea said...

I seen Naomi's post, too! What a wonderful gift that your hubby was able to hook up with them while there. God is so faithful at orchestrating things like that! I can understand a little envy at his fun trip and getting to visit your friends. What a blessing though, indeed! <><

Hugs,
Tanya

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts