Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Beyond Our Hopes and Dreams

I was listening to the radio on the way to work yesterday and they played a short segment on the family.  The minister told a story about how he and his wife made a list of all their hopes and dreams early on in their marriage and then gave that list over to Christ as a symbol that their life was in His hands.  Decades later they looked at that list again and were amazed at how a life turned over to Christ yielded much more than they could have ever hoped for or dreamed of.

I so get that!  If you would have asked me last year what I hoped for 2010, I would have NEVER thought of the things that God has given us.  I would have asked for things like a slow down in Jack's condition, but wouldn't have imagined a new diagnosis with available treatment.  I would have hoped to use my PT skills for ministry opportunities but couldn't have imagined a life changing trip to Haiti.  I would have loved some time to practice photography more but would have never fathomed a photography business and ministry.  Oh and this Weather Channel blessing- obviously would have never thought of that one either.

So yes I loved what that minister had to say because I agree that a life in God's hands is much more fulfilling than one we could have created on our own.

No comments: