Monday, December 20, 2010

Checked That One Off

It is final.  I finally graduated with my DPT yesterday.

Now before you make the mistake of thinking that I am really smart, you should know that I took my sweet time with this and went the mother of 3 children route.  Just to answer a few questions that I have been asked frequently over the last few days:
1. Does this change your job?  No.  I will still be a part-time clinical sports medicine PT.  I have no desire to work full time, move into management, or anything like that.  I went for the clinical doctorate instead of the PhD because my desire is still to treat patients.

2.  So why get your DPT? Because I feel passionately called to serve others through physical therapy and this felt like something I needed to do in order to best live out that calling in my life.  Through this program, I learned a lot about the profession and treating patients that I would not have learned in the clinic alone.

So there.  It is done.  Now I can get back to the things that I enjoy most like spending time with family.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!!!

Jenn said...

Congrats!! What an exciting time for all of you!!!!

Hunan Mommy said...

Congratulations! I only have a masters in business, so I can't imagine the hours it took you to accomplish your goal.

delawaregirl said...

Congratulations! I love the reason you have for earning this degree. And you look very pretty and smart in your cap and gown.