If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday Snapshot- First Fishing Trip

Sunday Snapshot


I took Sam and Ruthie to Texarkana this weekend for a much overdue trip.  Jack and Trent stayed home for work and school.  Sam got a fishing rod for his birthday and wanted to take it along to see if his Papa would take him fishing.  I grew up fishing with my family on a lake behind my house so I knew this would be the perfect activity for my dad and Sam.

It all started with a lesson in how to bait your hook.


And then he started swinging casting


That took some practice


But eventually he mastered it


The first time a fish ate his worm, he was so excited because he thought that meant he caught something.


Then we waited


And waited some more but he never actually caught a real fish.


He still had a blast though and wait until I tell you about his next fishing trip the next day.


Oh and don't feel sorry for Ruthie.  She spent most of her time feeding the ducks

1 comment:

Merrill said...

Feeding the fish fresh worms, ummm...I mean fishing, and feeding the ducks...sounds like a fun way to spend some family time!

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts