If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dear Ruthie,

I have spent the last 2 days at home with your sick brother.  This has given me more time to think about you and pray for God's will and insight.  He is teaching me things about adoption that I never pondered when I started this process to get you.  You see, adoption is not just something God created to help out people in need, but it is at the center of His character and at the foundation of our relationship with Him.  

When Christ created me, He predestined me to be adopted as His child through faith in Him. (Eph 1:5 He predestined us for adoption to himself through Jesus the Messiah, according to the pleasure of his will).  In this same way, He knew when He created you that He would make this reality more clear to me through your adoption.  When Jack and Sam were born, the reality of Christ's unfailing love for His children became ever more real to me as I loved them immediately and unconditionally.  I am amazed as He teaches me more about His character now through you.   

Ruthie, 20 years ago I sat in my cousin Greg's bedroom and watched a documentary on international orphans and felt God's call on my heart to make a difference in this area.  I am overwhelmed today at the the thought that in that moment God knew everything about you, what He would be teaching me today, and the moment that we would finally meet.  I believe that God did not choose you by chance, but that instead He has great plans for your life.  I feel so blessed to be a part of your journey and wait with anticipation today for that day when I can bring you home. 

Love, Mom

No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts