If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Where is my head?

Do you every do things where you look back and think, "ok I am not a drinker, so what is my excuse?" I had one of those moments a few minutes ago. Let me explain.

It seems like in everything I do lately, I have Ruthie on my brain. Everywhere I take my boys, I wonder what it will be like to go back there with 3 kids next time and will she enjoy it?Everytime I see an Asian child, doesn't matter if she is Chinese, Korean, or even Vietnamese, I try and picture her as Ruthie and wonder what that will feel like some day.

Well, I write another blog other than this one (www.heritagewomen.blogspot.com) and when I was updating it the other day on an outreach that our women's ministy is doing, my brain was so on Ruthie that I posted that entry to this blog. So if you looked at this blog and wondered why I was writing about hurricane destroyed San Leon, it was not because I had too much to drink, but because I have Ruthieitis and it is now affecting my ability to function in everyday tasks.

My incredible husband and kids are being really patient with me right now. Thank you for joining the circle of people extending grace to the crazy woman.

One more thing- I am posting a weekly prayer request for Ruthie in the right column here. I covet your prayers.

Ginny

2 comments:

Naomi said...

I will be praying your prayer request for Ruthie. I am praying for the same thing for our Lydia, that all would be fine mentally! Know that I am continuing to pray for you as we wait together for RA!!

love,
Naomi

Naomi said...

Me again!!

I have nominated you for the sisterhood award on my blog. It is because you have been such an encouragement to me! Thank you!!

Yes Jeff is a Pastor also... how amazing is that!!

with love,
Naomi

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts