If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

WE GOT NEW MEASUREMENTS AND PICS!

So I normally don't write on here 2 days in a row, but I had to let you know that we got new pics and measurements yesterday!!!  

I was in San Marcos shopping and taking a "mental health day" when Leah my adoption coordinator called and said she received new information.  It was so great to see new pictures of her and to know exactly how big she is right now.  Everything we had was 7-8 months old and that wasn't helping me.  Of course I was standing in the Gap Outlet when they called and had to walk next door to the BabyGap and buy her something.  It was really fun.  

I am still not allowed to post the pics to a public domain until we receive our next approval.  She was sitting in all of them so I have to assume that she is still not walking.  I hear that this is not abnormal for orphans who have grown up in an institution.  

There are pictures where her hands are placed on an object in a good position suggesting that she has good passive motion, however in the picture where they are not placed on something, they are just dropped down and turned in a little.  This suggests that she cannot actively extend them.  I just want to hurry up and get her here to get her checked out and treated.   

Her hair is still very short and she was not smiling in any of the pics.  These are both normal too.  They keep their hair short I believe to control for lice and there are very few referral photos out there where kids are smiling.  I love looking at the blogs of families who have brought their children home just to see the transformation on their faces from referral to home.  It is  a real blessing.  Oh how I can't wait for that day. 

Please keep praying.   

In my post yesterday I mentioned how I was moving into resolve to make the most of my time with  just the 4 of us.  Well, we had an interruption with those new pictures.  Scratch that resolve and now I just want to go and get her TODAY.  

Thanks for your prayers
Ginny

2 comments:

Amy E. said...

Hey Ginny,
I am so excited for you guys..and I can't wait for that day to come.."Gotcha Day"...what an amazing day it will be.
Praying for you guys in all of this.

Cheri said...

Ginny, congrtulations on more pictures and new info! I have to tell you that Evan is not smiling in any of his pictures either! I would love to see a different expression on his face but also know that it is normal. I hope to get an update on Evan as his information is 14 months old. We may have to wait until we receive our PA and that won't happen for atleast another month or so. We are still working on our home study. I wish we were a little further along as we could have possible traveled together.

Can't wait to see pictures of Ruthie! :)

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts