If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Somewhat of an Update

We still don't have our PA, but I received an email from my adoption coordinator today that they have seen delays in PAs before that have not delayed the overall travel date.  We are really hoping this is the case.  I am not sure what God is trying to teach us through this delay, but I hope to learn soon so we can move on. :)  Thank you for your prayers.  

On a happier note, we found out this week that some ministry friends of ours from our Baylor days also adopted a child from China through our agency.  When I went to their blog, I saw that they had an adoption commitment ceremony at their church where they as a family made commitments to this newest member.  I really think I want to do something like that the Sunday night after we get back from China.  That just seems like it could be a really special time for us a family and I would love for our extended family and friends to be able to come and celebrate with us.  Some friends at church had mentioned planning a "sip and see" so we might have that right after the ceremony.  I would love anyones input on how we might make this extra special for Ruthie.  Clearly, I will video it since she probably won't remember it. 

1 comment:

Naomi said...

I just checked in with you to see if you had received your PA yet! You are obviously still waiting like we are! We have not heard anything from AWAA other than that we should hang in there! Lets hope that they come next week! I know that you have been waiting even longer than we have! I am right there with you hoping that I am learning all that God has for me so that we can move on to the next lesson!!

Praying for you also!!!

Naomi

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts