If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Tale of 2 Valentines

Happy Valentines Day friends!

This morning I was pondering what this holiday has reminded me about my 2 little boys and their personalities. It is the story of the school Valentines. Both boys had valentine parties on Thursday. What they did with those Valentines described their love languages perfectly.

Sam wanted to hold his Valentines all the way home and could not stand that I wouldn't let him open them yet. As soon as we got home, he sat down on the couch and opened each one and told me who it was from. He carried some up to his room and has carried the others around with him everywhere he has gone the last few days. Ruthie accidently tore his Valentines construction paper holder (which he made at school and talked about all week) and he cried.


Jack on the other hand was told to make a valentine holder at home to take to school and it was like pulling teeth trying to get him to do it. He came home with those Valentines Thursday, walked in, and set them down in my room. This morning (Sunday) I reminded him that they were there and so he reached in the box, pulled one out, looked at it, and walked away to do something else.


Those 2 are so night and day. Sam cherishes every card anyone has ever given him. The way to Jack's heart is all through experience. Our friend Malinda Watson took Jack to ride an elevator the other day, and he has asked to see her every day since then. She found the key to his heart and communicated love to him in the way he received it.

Trent is a mixture of both. He loves making memories by going somewhere or doing something unique, but he also loves a good note of affirmation. I don't know who Ruthie is yet. That girl still changes every week. Maybe I will have that one figured out by next valentines day.


Today's Sidenote: A few pics from our week

When Trent and Jack were at the launch, I let Ruthie and Sam have a slumber party in my bed. They were so excited they giggled themselves to sleep.


Just another pic worth sharing of my crazier two


These super cute frames that I have been using over Valentines are from the designer at Just So Scrappy. I have fallen in love with digital scrapbooking, but I am not this good yet.

No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts