If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Monday, July 26, 2010

The Big Reveal!



OK so it isn't THAT big of a deal, but I am excited to tell you about it.
For several weeks now I have been thinking and praying about how to use my love of photography to bless others. I am not wanting to change professions. I love being a PT, but I also love to take pictures and frankly my kids are getting a little tired of it. :)

So I decided to use my passion for photography to make a difference in the places where I would love to give financially. I am going to be offering portrait sessions in exchange for a donation to whatever cause I am raising money for at that time.

The first thing I will be raising money for is called Homes of Hope. Did you know that for $3000, we can build a home in Haiti and move a family out of a tent and back into their very own home. Here are some cool benefits of having a home:

Economic Impact

A debt-free home helps leverage families out of poverty. Funds previously needed to treat sick children and keep them warm can now be used to purchase school supplies and other necessities.
Educational Impact
A stable environment encourages learning. A child who lives in a home is three times more likely to attend school, plus they continue their education for an average of two more years.
Health Impact
Eliminating dirt floors and exposure to the elements improves their overall quality of life and reduces sickness. Having a concrete floor alone reduces incidence of recurring diarrhea by more than 40%.
Social & Emotional Impact
The emotional well-being of family members stabilizes as basic issues of survival are eliminated. The marriage and the family’s home life is strengthened, and they can start thinking about the future.
Spiritual Impact
Your practical demonstration of God’s love for them inspires a desire to want to give back.

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT!

You can check out my website at www.ginnyhendersonphotograph.shutterfly.com

The way it works easy:
1. Contact me to set up a session
2. Make a donation of your choice to Heritage Park Baptist Church and designate Haiti Missions
3. ALL the money raised will go to pay for a home for a family in Haiti
4. I give you a disc of your pictures to print wherever you want and post them to the website if you approve












8 comments:

Trent Henderson said...

Can't wait to see what God does.

Lori said...

What LOVELY photos! I'm working on the courage to do something similar. My big obstacle--time! Where in the world are you finding time to do it??

Naomi said...

What a fantastic idea!! You are so selfless!!! Others are usually doing it to make money for themselves!!!

Right..... now I need to figure out how to make some time to come and visit you in Texas and have a photo session!!!

Unknown said...

that is such a great idea! Wish we lived closer to take advantage of your photography! Can't wait to hear how God uses you to gather resources for great causes like this one. Keep posting about it!
Kelly
www.raudenbushfamily.blogspot.com
www.jiayindesigns.com

Kathy said...

Beautiful Pictures and great idea ! Too bad you don't live in Alabama.

Amy said...

Count me in :) We can schedule it next time I see you! And I LOVE the pictures you posted of the three girls, I love the fact they are going to grow up together!

Rose said...

That is SO great Ginny!

Hunan Mommy said...

So inspiring! I wish I lived closer, I would book you immediately:-)

Cara

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts