If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

He Meets Us Where We Are

I heard a quote today from a lady who died from cancer this week.  This passing mother of a small child gave her testimony of how her illness had led her to Christ and she said, "I am not afraid to die. I am afraid to leave, but I am not afraid to die".  I thought that was such a powerful statement.  She grieved leaving her family but she knew where she would spend eternity and that did not scare her.   A relationship with Christ not only brought her eternal life but it also brought her peace at a time of uncertainty.  God met her in that time of uncertainty with the truth of what she needed most.

I remember when I started asking real heart questions about God.  I was about 15 years old and wondering if I would ever see my mother again.  I was a teenager who desperately needed a mother.  At that time, God kept putting people in my path who spoke of my mother's faith like I had never heard before.  The knowledge that my mother really trusted God as her Savior helped me to continue seeking Him beyond the Sunday morning obligatory visit to mass. He met me with answers to the deepest questions of my heart.

Skeptics would say that these 2 examples reflect someone's desperate attempt to find answers and thus believe whatever makes them feel better about their circumstance.  That view saddens me because once you know Christ as your Savior you understand that both of these stories reveal the heart of God ready to meet us and waiting to meet us at our time of need.  He knows your heart, He knows your deepest desires and questions, and He longs to answer them.  He is just that relational and He loves us that much.

2 comments:

Melody Lietzau said...

So True. I don't Know how people do this life with out Christ. You can get through any trial if you know and believe that Christ has you in the palm of his hand. He is such a merciful god who deeply cares. Love this post.

Lisa said...

Beautifully written. Thanks for sharing your heart.

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts