If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Black and White-ish Wednesday

the long road


Our church is in the middle of a season of service where we are going to a home for pregnant teenagers and doing some volunteering on the grounds.



On Saturday we took our kids out.  Jack is a natural servant and got right to work as did Ruthie.  Jack isn't in any of these pictures because he was on an errand with his dad when I broke out the camera.  But as Trent put it, that boy can out serve most of the adults.  Ruthie went back and forth between serving and feeding the goats.





Sam on the other hand was a bit of a challenge.  His first question when we drove up was, "now why did you say we are working for free?"

After we prayed for God to help us endure the heat and labor and then talked about how when we serve others we are serving Jesus, he came around.



Okay, not really.  He didn't get any better until I turned him over to my friend LeeAnn who made it  more fun with the water hose.


I am thankful today for good friends who bail you out when good parenting isn't enough.


1 comment:

KarenD said...

Ginny, I never comment and probably should, but I just want you to know that I learn a lot about parenting from you and Trent, mostly from your blogs these days, but I even recall things from when we all lived in the same city.

For example, you said once not to say "We're in a hurry or hurry up" to your kids b/c it doesn't communicate love, and I always stop myself from saying that when I'm frustrated at how long it takes to get two kids ready and out the door.

Also, this post has made me realize that I may have a little servants' heart on my hands, although I hadn't really looked at it that way. Ian LOVES to help around the house. All I have to say is, "Ian, I need you to help me with..." and he perks right up! Bless that little guy!

Thanks again. Miss you all.

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts