If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wondrous Wednesday

Wondrous Wednesday is a place where I post a picture from the week that reminds of how wonderful and beautiful God is.  It is a discipline in slowing down enough to see God at work around me.

I would love for you to link up to this post and share your own Wondrous Wednesday picture.

Psalm 86:10 For you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God.


Last Monday, we took a field trip as a family to the Houston Museum of Natural Science.  In the museum is a butterfly exhibit set in a rainforest environment.  The butterflies were beautiful and I could have spent hours watching them fly around and interact with each other.





My kids were ready to leave before I was and just as we got to the door, I talked them into walking back in for just a few more minutes.  I am so glad we did.  Sam spotted this little guy below and noticed that he was hurt.  His wings were tattered and he couldn't fly as well as the others.  With nothing to lose, he walked right onto my hand and then onto Sam's.  It was the best part of our trip.  Sam released him onto the food bowl and then we left. 



Taking a few extra minutes to look for God around us, way exceeded our expectations.


2 comments:

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Such great shots! Love the butterfly. Happy week to you Ginny.

Jenna said...

Hi Boys and Ruthie
Ruthie You are a beautiful princess, and boys you are handsome prince's. You are all special miracle 's from god, and precious gift's from above. You are all earthly angel's.
I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and have 14 other medical conditions, and developmental delays.
I wrote this poem
Each of us are Special
Each of us different,
No one is the same
Each of are us are unique in our own way,
Those of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.
It doesen't matter what other's say
we are special anyway.
What is forty feet and sings? the school chior
http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts