If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Wondrous Wednesday

"I think my work has to do with a sense that we are attempting, all the time, to create a logical, rational path through the day. To the left and right there are an amazing set of distractions that we usually can't afford to follow. But the poet is willing to stop anywhere. . . . And it's that willingness to slow down and examine the mysterious bits of fluff in our lives that is the poet's interest." 
--William Collins




This week's Wondrous Wednesday was not something in nature, as I expect most will be, but rather a moment in our week that I choose to take my camera along for.  Trent took Sam to Mardel to buy his first official Bible.


He has had children's Bibles up until now but expressed his desire for one that matched the words daddy was reading.  Sam is so blessed to have a daddy who cherishes moments like this with him.


May you search those pages son and find the answers to all of your hearts deepest needs and questions. 

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I just wanted you to know how much your recent 'those who get it' posts and wondrous Wednesdays have meant to me. As of late, I feel like I've seriously been wrapped up in this 'world' and missing the greatest blessings. My three year old the other night said, "Monmy look! God put out the stars for me tonight!!". I got so overwhelmed and teary-eyed realizing the absolute joy he got from the beauty of the stars and the fact that I couldn't even remember the last time I even thought about stars being in the sky. What a wondrous God we serve. Thanks for reminding me that God delights when we stop to smell His roses!

Holly S. said...

What a special day! I love the reflection in the table.

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts