If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Heading To China - Ways You Can Pray

Tomorrow I will be heading to China to serve in an orphanage there.  There are several ways you can pray for me and my team.

1. Pray for safe and efficient travels.  There are some tight connections so please pray everyone gets where they need to be and on time.

2. Pray for health.  There is a stomach-something in my house today so pray I don't get it and it stays away from my team.

3. Pray for our families at home.  Trent will have 4 kids by himself so I know he could use your prayers for all kinds of things.

4. Please pray for my teaching time with the orphanage workers.  I am going to be teaching them physical therapy techniques specific for their population.  Pray that my translator is able to communicate the material as needed and that the nannies absorb the information and apply it to the children.

5. Pray that we are able to take pictures while at the orphanage.  Several children have been placed for adoption from my Bring Me Hope trip 2 years ago and some of my pictures were used to advocate for them.  Those images could help a family in the states identify and connect with their future child.

6. Pray for energy. We are going to have some long days and will need extra energy to give the kids our all.

7. Pray for connections.  One regret that I have from my previous trip is that I did not allow myself to fully connect with the kids.  I don't want to make that mistake again.

Thank you for praying for me and my team.   I am taking 2 bags full of hats, flip flops, and baby carriers that many of you have donated.  I don't know exactly how the trip is going to go but I do know that many people have already played a role in blessing those kiddos.

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts