If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Yet Another Great Day

Today was another AMAZING day at the orphanage.  Most of the team spent time in the rooms with the kids while Toni and I tracked down a list of 23 referred children in order to gain more information on them.  It was such a blessing to evaluate those precious kids in order to give more information to their waiting and prospective parents.   I prayed over each child and even got to sing happy birthday to one who I believe was turning 3 today. 

We delivered the hats that many of you made by hand.  The orphanage director was very thankful.  I picked out one tiny pink one and delivered it to my precious heart baby in the newborn nursery.   The more time I spend with these kids, the more I fall in love.  I look at them and ponder how precious they all are and then I fight back the tears when I remember that they are all without a family to call their own.  


There is a 2-hour break every afternoon while the babies nap so today we decided to take that time to go shopping.  It was an adventure for sure.  On the way back, I decided to capture what riding in the front of a bus is like in China.  I hope you can see here that we are splitting the yellow line (which we have referred to as a mere suggestion) and driving head on toward another vehicle.  I can't count the number of times I have squeezed the leg of the person sitting next to me on this trip.  


During the afternoon, Toni and I continued our evaluations while the team played with the older kids.  At the end, the director asked if I would evaluate ALL of the children in order to help them get a placement.  Since there are 300 kids and it took me all day to evaluate 23, I am not sure that will be completely feasible. Please pray that I will discern where to start with that and where my services are best used.  

This evening we were all thrilled to discover a KFC.  Once again I was surprised to find peas and carrots in a place that didn't normally have peas and carrots.  Yes, they were in the middle of my chicken!  Oh China, how I love you.  


We had to switch rooms tonight because the air conditioning broke in the hotel.  The enemy is not going to distract this team though.  We are all geared up and ready to go again tomorrow! Thank you for your prayers.

No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts