If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Ask, Seek, Knock



Matthew 7: 7-8  “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!  So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.


This is the 2nd day in a row that God has pointed me to this passage and then He went onto prove it, not once, but twice. 

First Time-  We have meetings set up with 2 different Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgeons.  One of them comes highly recommended by his hospital but I didn't know anyone who had personally used him.  I have some pretty specific desires for our surgeon and was praying for someone who could tell me about their personal experience with him.  Then last night, a friend sent me an email of a friend whose child had heart surgery.  Guess who their doctor was?  Yep- it was him.  Ask, Seek, Knock.

Second Time-  We stepped out on a limb and pre-ordered 100 shirts instead of our original plan of 50 because they were cheaper per shirt that way.  I told the Lord that it sure would be nice if we could make our investment back quickly so I didn't have to worry about losing money on this.  In 24 hours, we sold enough shirts to cover our investment.  Ask, Seek, Knock.

So why do I still have fears in this process?  I guess it is time to go back and meditate on Matthew 7 again and probably ask for a little forgiveness in the process.  

ASK, SEEK, KNOCK, ASK, SEEK, KNOCK, ASK, SEEK, KNOCK, ASK, SEEK, KNOCK

1 comment:

likeschocolate said...

Isn't it amazing how God works! So excited for you family!

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts