Monday, December 9, 2013

Why Transformed?

I am so glad you asked!

At our church we frequently say, "It's okay to not be okay.  It's just not okay to stay that way."  We believe that the Christian journey is one of being transformed into the image of Christ.

Had my life not been transformed by Christ, I would not be an adoptive parent.  His call for me to step out in faith and adopt a special needs child is a reflection of His transformational power in my life.

But it doesn't stop there.  Maggie's life is going to be transformed by being removed from the orphanage and being placed in our home.  I pray that some day her life will be transformed spiritually as well.

I wanted the t-shirt to represent that transformation and that is why you not only see the word Transformed, but you also see the butterflies being transformed from the cherry blossom flowers.

So it is more than a t-shirt.  It is a picture of the transformation that Christ is doing in each of us who have put our faith in Him and of the transformation He is doing in the life of my Maggie Mei.

Tomorrow I will tell you how you can order one!



No comments: