If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Why Transformed?

I am so glad you asked!

At our church we frequently say, "It's okay to not be okay.  It's just not okay to stay that way."  We believe that the Christian journey is one of being transformed into the image of Christ.

Had my life not been transformed by Christ, I would not be an adoptive parent.  His call for me to step out in faith and adopt a special needs child is a reflection of His transformational power in my life.

But it doesn't stop there.  Maggie's life is going to be transformed by being removed from the orphanage and being placed in our home.  I pray that some day her life will be transformed spiritually as well.

I wanted the t-shirt to represent that transformation and that is why you not only see the word Transformed, but you also see the butterflies being transformed from the cherry blossom flowers.

So it is more than a t-shirt.  It is a picture of the transformation that Christ is doing in each of us who have put our faith in Him and of the transformation He is doing in the life of my Maggie Mei.

Tomorrow I will tell you how you can order one!



No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts