If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Friday, December 20, 2013

You Don't Always Get What You Want


When my kids were 2 and would throw temper tantrums, my husband used to sing, "you don't always get what you want. no. no."   I am not sure if it was an original song or one passed down through generations, but this week I heard it in my head several times.  It was as if God was taunting me like I used to watch my husband taunt my children.   Okay I know God doesn't taunt us so don't go sending me messages about his loving kindness.   I know.  It's a song in my head, that's all, and here's why.

* Our Foster Kiddo-  I was counting on some big things working out this week for him and his permanent placement.  It was all lined up to work out by Christmas, but it hasn't.  People whose opinions matter strongly have not been as motivated as we have to advocate for this little guy. So I didn't get what I wanted.  Not yet anyway.

*Maggie- Another case where people whose jobs matter aren't as motivated to move as quickly as I would like for them too.  No LOA means I REALLY DIDN'T GET WHAT I WANTED!!!  My husband still has faith for things to work out by Chinese New Year.  I, however, am still throwing my temper tantrum.

*Romantic Date with my Husband- Had a great weekend date planned with the hubby.  The kind of let's get away, refocus, look each other in the eyes again, and prepare for this next journey God has called us to date that was, yes, canceled due to a child with acute asthma.  

And, Drum Roll Please...

*T-SHIRTS-   Oh the t-shirt drama around here.  The ones that were supposed to be ready Tuesday, then Wednesday, then Thursday, then Friday that came home all printed in boxes to turn out WRONG! They were missing the verse on the back along with a few other things that did not turn out as I had planned.   Okay that was the biggest temper tantrum of all.  I think maybe it was the culmination of my trying to play it cool all week, have perspective, and all that stuff good people do but I was no longer capable of. 

Guess what friends- YOU DON'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT and that will go down as the theme of the week of December 15th, 2013.  

If you ordered a t-shirt, round 2 is supposed to be ready on December 30th.  Let's hope I get what I want this time because I am really excited about getting these out to people who have been so kind as to support us.

G'night. 




No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts