If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Sunday, December 15, 2013

We Have Another Mountain And It's a Biggie. Please Pray



NOW ONTO THE BIG PART:

Well we are up against our next mountain and God's next chance to do some moving.

Because of Maggie's severe heart condition and need for surgery, we are in the expedited process.   We are currently waiting on a very important document from China called our LOA (Letter of Acceptance).  We have to have that document for immigration to process her paperwork here to be a citizen which is required before we can travel.

China will shut down for 2 weeks at the end of January for Chinese New Year and since we spend 2 weeks in China for travel, we have to be out by the time that begins.

I know this is all very confusing but here is the breakdown for you:

We need our LOA to arrive this week in order for the other processes to be expedited and completed in time for us to travel by mid-January.  

On Sunday night, it will be Monday morning in China.  I need someone to come in, grab our paperwork in whatever stage it is in and complete it on Monday.  That way it will arrive to the States by the end of the week and we can get it to immigration to be processed before Christmas.

I told you it was a big mountain.

I just keep thinking that if God does call us to write a book about seeing Him move, this could be the climax.

**I need to make a very important clarification.  I am not talking God into anything here.  I know that he determined His course for this child before any of us even came into the world but He has allowed us to be a part of her story and I believe He wants to reveal Himself through his hand in her life.  Lord please let this be your next miracle for this child and move this mountain.

WILL YOU PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE join me in praying today?

No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts