If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Our Christmas Morning


Christmas morning was a sweet time at our place.  I had been a little nervous because my plan was to go back to giving each child 3 gifts to mirror the 3 gifts given to Jesus (plus a few small family things thrown in that I couldn't resist) and try to keep it a little simpler (as best I could).  I shopped for our foster child the same way, but then our agency and his court advocate came in with bags of presents for him from local donors.  It was really super to see how all of these strangers had sacrificed to make his day special.  However it still left my other 3 kids with their 3 gifts and I wondered how they would perceive our foster child's 20+ gifts.  


Well it ended up working out fine.  Our sweet little guy came down with the stomach virus on Christmas eve and was pretty bed ridden Christmas morning.


So we let our other 3 come down and open their presents then we explained why the little one upstairs had so many.


Everyone carried a bag of presents and we took his to his room to open so we could all celebrate with him as he discovered all of the blessings people had sent his way.  About 1/2 way through he tuckered out and Ruthie was more than happy to assist him from there.


We finished up with the Christmas story and the true meaning of that day.  It was a great and relaxing day.   I guess once again, we got exactly what we needed.


No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts