If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Just A Few More Hours

It is 1:45 am here and about 12 hours before we get Maggie.  I am experiencing a typical case of jet lag so I am wide awake trying to convince my body that it is not 11:30 am.   I have been updating a lot on Facebook but I just remembered that not all of my family has Facebook.  Sorry Aunt Penny. :)

The big theme (other than incessant travel) has been the air quality.  China is experiencing exceptionally poor air quality right now apparently because they have been burning more coal to keep warm.  I know, I know, you are thinking "hello it is China! Don't they always have poor air quality?"  Well, yes but this is really bad.  It is like can't make out the building in front of you, people wearing masks, make your asthma crazy, China admits it's bad!!!

Here is a website I found in my jet lag to help explain it.  http://aqicn.org/city/xian/.  Now if you will type in Beijing or Maggie's city, Baoji, you will see that the level is at it's highest which is Hazardous!  Let's make a comparison.  The website says Deer Park Houston near our ship refineries has "good" air quality.  That is the worst air some of us will ever see.  Unless you visit China today.

Please pray for Maggie that this air quality will not be too hard on her lungs and cause her more trouble breathing.

Next post should be Gotcha Day!!!





1 comment:

likeschocolate said...

What a doll! So cute! Congratulations! So excited for your family! Kelleyn

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts