If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Maggie Day 3

We wrapped up our 2nd day with Maggie by just spending some time in our room.  There is a Chinese version of Walmart close by where Trent and I purchased some Chinese legos for the girls.  They are so cute playing together.


Maggie also got her first bath.  I have learned a lot about this first bath thing since 2009 when I terrorized Ruthie with hers'.  At the orphanages, they bath them by wiping them down good so when you take this child and put them in a big tub of water, they think you are drowning them.  I wised  up and gave Maggie her bath in the sink and it went sooooooo much better.   They also say not to bath them on the first night because they need to keep their smells familiar.  Score one for the Henderson's - 2nd night non-drowning bath was a success.



Today we headed out to the Bell and Drum Towers and then to the market.  Oh the looks we got from the locals.  I also took my first Chinese subway to get there and it was so much better than what I expected.


Maggie fell asleep in her carrier on the way back and is now fighting the rest of her nap as I type this.
All in all, it has been a great day so far.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see a dimple!

Bridgett said...

Is she not the cutest ever...what a doll! Congrats and so happy for you all. She looks like she has great color and I pray she stays in good health as you travel!
Much Love, Bridgett Morgan

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts