You know you are an adoptive parent if... (This is their's and it is great)
1. The fact that there are 143 million children without a parent to kiss them goodnight makes you loose sleep.
2. The fact that if 7% of Christians adopted, there would be no more orphans in the world is convicting to you
3. You have ever been "pregnant" with you adoptive child longer than it takes an elephant to give birth (2 years).
4. You had no idea how you would afford to adopt but stepped out in faith anyway, knowing where God calls you He will provide.
5. You believe God's heart is for adoption.
6. You realize that welcoming a child into your heart and family is one of the most important legacies you could ever leave on this earth.
7. You know what the word "Dossier" means, and you can actually pronounce it!
8. You have welcomed a social worker into the most private parts of your life.
9. You shudder when people say your child is so lucky that you adopted them, knowing full well you are the blessed one to have him or her in your life.
Here is mine as a continuation...
10. If you now have more friends through Yahoo adoption groups and China Adopt Talk than anyone you know has on Facebook
11. If all of your favorite initials now end in A
12. If you have ever prayed to God in initials
13. If when you pass toddlers in the community, you try and picture them as Asian and wonder when it will be your turn
14. If your biological child has ever asked you what Chinese orphanage they came from
15. If you have ever recorded Ni Hau Kai Lan on Nickelodeon for language lessons
16. If you have ever gone for an AIDS test and hoped they believed you when you said it was for an adoption
17. If the idea of spending your life savings to save someone you have never met excites you
18. If you are nesting but not pregnant
19. If you cried when you saw Stephen Curtis Chapman's video for When Love Takes You In- and then put yourself through that again by watching it over and over
Fellow adoptive and future adoptive parents feel free to add to this through the comment section. If nothing else, it give us something to smile about in the wait.