If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Darn that Swine Flu

Well it looks like the panhysteria over the pandemic has now reached our friends on the other side of the world. China issued a statement today asking parents who have received their TAs to not travel at this time. They are still giving them the option right now but warn that they will need to cooperate with the chinese govt once they are there.

This is bad news first for those friends of mine who are traveling soon as they are subject to possible quarantine while there and will more than likely not be able to see their child's orphanage.

Second, it is bad news for my sweet friends who are awaiting their TA's any day now as these may be held in the next step by the CCAA. Finaly, it stinks for us as we have no idea if our paperwork will be put on hold and for how long.

Pray for all of these families and for this mass hysteria to settle quickly so everyone can bring their babies home.

No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts