If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I Wish I Was an OctoMom

No I don't want 8 children. But I would settle for 8 arms. I am finding that I can't be everywhere and get everything my children need when they "need" it. I just don't have enough arms.

Otherwise, things are going really well with Ruthie. We are seeing more of her personality everyday. She smiles at us all the time. I can't believe that we went days without seeing that smile in China. She is also starting to talk more. I often wonder what is baby babble and what is Chinese. Today I downloaded some pictures and she pointed to them and said "Mei Mei". It was very cute to see her recognize herself in the photos.

Here are a few pictures from the other day. I am working on the in China video and hope to have it posted soon.


Big Brother showing her the cul-de-sac


My future Baylor Bear

1 comment:

Pam said...

My 18 year old son leaves for Baylor in 2 weeks. Sigh....we live in NC, so he will be far from home. We've also got 2 other older bio sweeties and 2 little China treasures~ our future Baylor Bears. :) And one little boy waiting for us in Chongqing~ at Ruthie's orpahanage!

www.andthentherewereseven.blogspot.com

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts