If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

What a Year You Have Been Mr. 2009

Wow what a year. I have to say that this has been one of the most memorable years on record for me. I saw God move mountains and do incredible things on behalf of my family and I saw Him open up new ministry opportunities that I could have never seen coming. As I have said before, God tends to work in themes with me and the theme for this year has definitely been God's Faithfulness.

I saw His Faithfulness when:

1. He gave us a referral for Ruthie and made it clear to us that she was our child.

2. When he provided all of our needs to complete the adoption.

3. When He led us to Gilmore Elementary for Jack and then opened doors for ministry there. We have seen God all over this school transfer.

4. When He led us to Scottish Rite and the wonderful team of Drs and nurses there who could help Ruthie.

5. When our eyes were opened up to this amazing adoption community that ministered to us during our wait and have given us the opportunity to minister to them during their waits and struggles.

6. When he has moved at our church in countless ways as He has directed our path, provided for our needs, moved to show us that He really does rule over everything.

7. Finally, when he healed Ruthie just last week. She was a very sick little girl from Saturday to Monday night and went from lethargic to sitting up in bed smiling at nurses Tuesday morning. Later I heard stories of friends who were praying and even fasting for our girl. He heard your prayers and and once again did the miraculous for this child.

In the past, God has revealed Himself to me in the themes of comforter, friend, provider, father, master planner, and faithful. I don't know what 2010 holds. If I could make my request, I hope it is as the one who saves and revives. I have so many friends and family members that my heart aches for. I want them to know and love Jesus and not just as the one who they tip their hat to in the morning, but as the one who sticks closer than a brother. I can't wait to see what 2010 holds but with God and this crazy bunch of kids I have, I know it won't be boring.


Today's Sidenote:
Before we went to the hospital, Ruthie was able to have a tea party with her Bee and Mr. Bunny.



No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts