"Because every child, no matter how humble her beginnings, deserves loving care, and a chance at a bright future."- Half The Sky
It's my first giveaway and I can't think of a better organization to tell you about through it. Half the Sky is a organization whose mission is "to enrich the lives and enhance the prospects of orphaned children in China who wait to be adopted, and those who will spend their childhood in orphanages." The Foundation is named for the Chinese adage, “Women hold up half the sky,” to denote the fact that the vast majority of healthy babies abandoned in China are girls.
They achieve their mission by sending extra nannies into the orphanages that they sponsor. The Half the Sky nannies in Ruthie's orphanage interacted with her daily and kept a journal with pictures to document her development. These nannies are trained in how to work with special needs children and specifically in how to help children achieve their developmental milestones. You can recognize a Half the Sky orphanage because it is full of vibrant color and lots of ladies holding the babies! We are so thankful that Ruthie's orphanage was sponsored by Half the Sky and we feel certain that this contributed to her easy transition into our family.
Here are some facts on HTS:
*It takes just $300 to take a child through the infant nurture program
*They have programs in 45 orphanages in 21 provinces
*There are currently 6000 children in a Half the Sky program and over 35,000 children have been served since the beginning of their programs.
SO NOW ON TO THE GIVEAWAY!
I am giving away a HTS backpack with a HTS etch-a-sketch toy inside. I am also throwing in a bracelet from the 3,000 Bracelets Campaign to raise money for Isabella's adoption. The drawing will be on April 21st!
So how do you get entries? 1 For each
1. Just leave any comment at the bottom of this post. Be sure and leave your email if I don't already know how to contact you so I can get the package to you if you win!
2. Go read HTS's story here and then tell me what you think in the comment section
3. Advertise this giveaway and HTS on your blog and let me know about it in a comment
4. Become a follower! I just added this to my sidebar and I can't wait to see who you are. All my followers will get an entry
5. Check out the 3000 Bracelets Campaign here and tell me what you think.