If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Homes For Hope Photography Update

First let me say that I am having so much fun with this photography project to raise money for a home in Haiti. Seriously, I love taking people's photos and then spending hours editing them. I am sure it would be less fun if it was my job but as a blessing, it is a blast!

A really fun update on the home is that a team from our church is going to be traveling to Haiti in October to build the home that I am raising money for. I can't wait to get pictures and maybe even video from that. How great to be able to see it to completion!

There are a few ways you can pray for this project if you don't mind:
1. Pray that God would bless my camera, lens, creativity, and whatever else goes into the final project. I really do want to give people great photos of their families and I need God's help to do that.

2. Pray that these sessions would bless families who otherwise would not be able to afford a portrait session.

3. Pray for a handful of clients to really catch the vision for the project and make donations that reflect that. I love do this for these families and giving them quality photos, but without some larger donations, it is going to take a L-O-N-G time to raise $3000.00. I don't want to charge a certain amount because I think this is supposed to bless families too and if I go charging extra to reach the goal for the house, then I am afraid that I will miss the opportunity to truly bless people on this side of the project. I just need God to really capture the hearts of a few of the families for this home in Haiti. Can you ask Him for that and then lets see what He does.

THANKS SO MUCH!

A family side note:
Trent's dad and step mom came in town for a few days and took the kids each to do something special. These are pictures they took on their adventures





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praying for this new venture for you--I know the Lord will bless it.

Come check out our new venture when you can--I know your wisdom would be helpful there!
www.wearegraftedin.com
Kelly

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts